2018-2019 Calendar

HIS Monthly meetings (3rd Thursday) are 9:30a - 2p @ Wakemans Grove Church (668 Wakemans Grove Road) in Edinburg.

Homeschool Gym (PE) (2nd Wednesday) is 1-2:30p @ Liberty Baptist in Strasburg.

Mom's Night Out (MNO - Monday after the 3rd Thursday) 7pm, Denny's Mt. Jackson

April 2019
18 - HIS Regular Meeting - Feet Shod with the Gospel of Peace/Nervous System
22 - MNO

May 2019
6 - X-Fair, participants set up begins at 6:30, judging to begin at 7pm, Shenandoah Community Fellowship, 197 Patmos Rd, Woodstock, VA 22664
16 - HIS Regular Meeting (Make Up) - Sword of the Spirit/Shield of Faith and Muscular/Skeletal Systems
20 - MNO

June 2019
14 - HIS Graduation - Plains Community Center - time tba
20 - HIS End of the Year Picnic - 11am, W.O. Riley Park, Woodstock




Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Be Steadfast

Chibok mother/daughter reunion. Photo by Olisa.tv.

Be Steadfast
by David Moore

"To be a good father and mother requires that the parents defer many of their own needs and desires in favor of the needs of their children. As a consequence of this sacrifice, conscientious parents develop a nobility of character and learn to put into practice the selfless truths taught by the Savior Himself.” - James E. Faust

        Each of us has times where we think about our lives;  where we are,  where we think we should be, if we should have made different decisions….  1 Corinthians 15:58 says, "Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain.”  Whether you call yourself a parent teacher, a home educator, the teacher in the torrent, or all of the above (depending on the day), you have been called to serve the Lord, by educating your children.  Each of us may make that decision for different reasons, but it doesn’t change the fact that it was placed on your heart by God, it is a calling.

        God equips those he calls.  He doesn’t call you to the task and leave you stranded.  I came across a homeschool mothers prayer (although I believe it applies to all homeschool parents, not just the ladies) that illustrates this:

        Dear Lord,
                I am tired, but You lift me up.
                I am confused, but You make my paths straight.
                I am busy, but You teach me to be still.
                I am unsure, but You teach me to stand.
                I am weary, You give me life.
                I am nothing, but You are my All.
                May I declare to my children Your sufficiency all day long.
                                                Amen.

        While you are “abounding in the work of the Lord”, you are developing a nobility of character that exemplifies Jesus to our children.  Our children get to see our bad days, our good days, and our "out of this world” days.  They also get to see how God moves in our lives on a daily basis, and how we declare His sufficiency in our lives.  You get to serve in the capacity God has called you to.  Be steadfast, knowing that your labor is not in vain.

1 comment:

  1. Amen, thank you. I will be posting that prayer in my home.

    ReplyDelete